- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into small chunks
- 8 oz mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon of butter. Add the chicken and cook for 6-8 minutes, or until browned. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- In the same skillet, melt the remaining tablespoon of butter. Add the mushrooms, garlic, and onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and thyme, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the cooked chicken back to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface to about 1/4 inch thickness.
- Spoon the chicken mixture into the center of the pastry sheet, leaving a 1-inch border around the edges.
- Fold the edges of the pastry up and over the filling, pressing to seal.
- Place the pie on a baking sheet and brush with beaten egg.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown and puffed.
- Let the pie cool for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Posted by Talkaaj.com
READ ALSO | Recipe: How to make Paul’s Pumpkin Bars
READ ALSO | Recipes : How to Make Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
READ ALSO | This Relish Recipe is The Best All Time
READ ALSO | AllRecipes : The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe
READ ALSO | Benefits of ranchology recipe
if you liked this article, then do Like and share it.
Thanks for reading this article till the end…